- FOUNDED: on April 1, 2017 through the merger of Ahlstrom Corporation and Munksjö Oyj
- DOMICILE: Helsinki, Finland
- INDUSTRY: Fiber-based materials
- OPERATING COUNTRIES: 14
- PERSONNEL IN 2017: 5 903 (after the aqcuisition of Expera: approx. 8 000)
Ahlstrom-Munksjö rethinks the role of fiber
Ahlstrom-Munksjö is a global leader in fiber-based materials, supplying innovative and sustainable solutions to customers worldwide.
Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s business is divided into four Business Areas: Decor, Filtration & Performance, Industrial Solutions and Specialties. The company’s offerings include decor paper, filter media, release liners, abrasive backings, nonwovens, electrotechnical paper, glass fiber materials, food packaging and labeling, tape, medical fiber materials and solutions for diagnostics. Ahlstrom-Munksjö has around 45 production and converting facilities in 14 countries in three continents: Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. In partnership with its customers, the company innovates solutions that make their businesses more efficient and sustainable.
- NET SALES IN 2017: ~ EUR 2.2 billion, combined annual net sales (after the acquisition of Expera: approx. EUR 3 billion)
- IN AHLSTRÖM CAPITAL’S PORTFOLIO SINCE: 2017
- AHLSTRÖM CAPITAL’S OWNERSHIP: 18,6 %