- FOUNDED: 2008 (before that the Finnish Road Enterprise)
- DOMICILE: Vantaa, Finland
- INDUSTRY: Infrastructure and construction service company
- OPERATING COUNTRIES: 1
- PERSONNEL IN 2017: 1,572
Building the bigger picture
Destia is an infrastructure and construction service company operating in Finland. The company builds, maintains and designs traffic routes, industrial and traffic environments as well as complete living environments. Destia’s customer base includes business and industrial companies, government agencies, cities and municipalities.
Destia’s services cover the entire infrastructure lifecycle services, from comprehensive overground operations to subterranean construction, and it is a leading operator in its field in Finland. The main long-term force affecting Destia’s operations is the general development of economy, which impacts the demand, funding, and competition of public and private sector infrastructure projects.
Megatrends such as continuing urbanization, climate change and emphasis on questions of responsibility, especially safety and environmental issues, as well as the ageing of the population provide growth opportunities to Destia.
- NET SALES IN 2017: EUR 479 million
- IN AHLSTRÖM CAPITAL’S PORTFOLIO SINCE: 2014
- AHLSTRÖM CAPITAL’S OWNERSHIP: 100.0%