Ahlström Capital has published its Sustainability Policy in June 2020 to define AC's framework for sustainability.
Business ethics and governance constitute the foundation for AC’s ownership model with clear roles and responsibilities. AC supports universally recognised human rights and assumes long-term accountability for ethical standards.AC strives to comply with laws, rules, and ethical principles. AC’s Sustainability guidelines define the expectations applicable to AC and all of its portfolio companies to conduct their operations in a responsible manner. AC and its portfolio companies need to ensure that sustainability is integrated into the business. However, each portfolio company is ultimately responsible for itsoperations and the way they are conducted.
AC’s Sustainability guidelines:
1) Comply with local and national legislation in each country of operation
2) Be committed to the UN Global Compact and its 10principles, commit to UN Sustainable Development Goals, support the ILO conventions as well as Universal Declaration of Human Rights
3) Have an implemented Code ofConduct and other policies that address relevant sustainability areas
4) Have in place a secure reporting channel for whistleblowing
5) Assess material sustainability topics and have an active dialoguewith stakeholders
6) Analyse risks and opportunities and formulate relevant measurable targets
7) Continuously improve ESG impact with a special focus on climate, employee well-being and business ethics
8) Have adequate processes and resources to manage and monitor sustainability performance
9) Transparently report on sustainability development